[Bell Historians] Re: Coalbrookdale was Warners bells

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Tue Jun 29 18:33:23 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dcawley at w...>
wrote:
> I quite agree. I was at the Royal Maundy Service there back in
April of this year. I was at the time standing outside the west end
with Peter & Jill Staniforth (Peter had been in the 1951 band which
opened the bells) and Kingsley & Rosemary Mason. We had walked round
from the north side, in the shadow of the Cathedral, where the bells
were to be heard quite distinctly in changes; they came round as we
got to the west end and were being perfectly (yes) struck in rounds,
very slowly (14 sec/whole pull) and were heard in appropriate
majesty.. Another real treat, on another occasion was to hear the
front major eight in Eb being rung down; and on yet another to ring
for a Judges' service on the back six. True glory.

> I agree! I think that they could stand 'on their own' as a superb
twelve.