three levels...

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Tue Mar 2 23:53:14 GMT 2004

> > I was just going on to say that we would not put a piano miles
away from
> the
> > orcheatra for a piano concerto, but then on reflection that is
exactly
> what
> > happens in many big churches where the organ is sited well away
from the
> > choir!
> >
> > Hmmm!
> >

> > Andrew
> >
> > Ps: Isn't Groby near Leicester a 3 tier job?

Yes, and those playing or singing have exactly the same problems that
you've elaborated on above!

When, at the time they were going in, I questioned why the back four
at Ipswich were going on the top tier, I was told it was to ensure
that the front bells were audible in the ringing room. It occurred
to me at the time that there were some fundamental flaws in this
argument!

Richard