Re (2): [Bell Historians] Re: Seage's apparatus

s.ivin at n... s.ivin at n...
Fri Mar 5 11:40:29 GMT 2004

> Can the Bell Foundry Campanile at Loughborough be heard outside??

Certainly they can. The recent CD recording was done outside the tower,
and Ron Edwards (who he? for many years he worked in the tuning shop and
rang quite a lot of peals on the Campanile bells - brother of the great
Ralph G, who I'm glad to say is still with us) used to claim that he
could hear them from Nanpantan.

The roof has an opening, through which a large bell was
installed around the early 1900s - originally cast for the 7th at
Brewood.

BTW - don't they (Brewood) sound good - I reckon they have a good claim to
be called the first true-harmonic bells, although the partials have
discrepancies which technically rule them out!

Steve