Heavy bell pitches

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Fri Mar 12 13:29:22 GMT 2004

For DJB: David, here is a list of some bigger bells - I have lots
more a bit lighter. What I have given you is nominal frequency,
which I assume is what you require. Pitch of these is typically a
fifth lower / fourth higher than the nominal (except for the ringing
bells). The recordings have come from all over the place, and I make
no claims for exactness. If this really matters, let me know and
I'll try harder. Also, there may be typing errors!

What do you want them for?

Bill H

Beverley Great John: 393.5 Hz G + 6
Exeter Great Peter: 448 Hz A + 31
Holborn, Italian Church (steel): 395.6 Hz G + 15
Liverpool Great George: 282.5 Hz Db + 32
London Great Paul: 316 Hz Eb + 26
London St Paul's tenor: 465.5 Hz Bb -2
London Big Ben: 335.1 Hz E + 28
Manchester Great Abel: 379 Hz F# + 41
Newcastle Major: 412.9 Hz Ab - 10
Oxford Great Tom: 450.6 Hz A + 41
Downside Abbey Great Bede: 409.5 Hz Ab - 24
Worcester Cath. tenor: 490.5 Hz B - 11
York Great Peter: 305.8 Hz Eb - 29
Wells Cathedral tenor: 519 Hz C - 14