[Bell Historians] Stop wasting our time

Paul Cattermole p.cattermole at t...
Sun Mar 28 15:01:46 BST 2004

Sorry to disagree with resident and eminent bell historians on this
website, but the banter really annoys me too. I am old and grumpy, and
thought I was joining a serious discussion group. Too many "in" jokes,
I'm afraid. Much of the "real" stuff is fascinating and very
worthwhile, but to open up the computer and find perhaps a dozen
messages which add nothing to serious enquiry is frustrating.

Paul Cattermole

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bryant [mailto:david at b...]
Sent: 27 March 2004 22:29
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Stop wasting our time

> Can we please dispense with all the spam etc about yorkshiremen that
has
> nothing to do with tubular bells. Can bell historians please reply to
specific
> e-mail addresses instead of filling up our computers with trash that
we
have to
> open. When I joined bell historians I thought that it was for sensible
and
> serious discourse on matters that effect the ringing exercise - not
the
trivial
> chit chat that is available on some sites and is now affecting this
site.
Howard
> Smith - Newcastle upon Tyne.

Look, this is not the first time you've grumbled about content. Nobody
else
seems to mind the occasional piece of banter. If you don't like it then
nobody is forcing you to read it, now are they?

David

Yahoo! Groups Links

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.