[Bell Historians] Re: Whitstable (Seasalter)

David Bryant david at b...
Mon Mar 29 08:17:04 BST 2004

DLC:

> I've only rung at Rochford of the 8-bell Taylor rings which Richard
mentions. They are 4-0-19 in D; the other two are both C# and about 28 lb
heavier. All are the same diameter. Rochford are in a big brick tower and I
like them (the bells, not the small wheels). Scole, Norfolk (6: 4-1-2 in
Db) are equally pleasant, but in a small stone tower. I would describe
neither as thin or insipid. The even smaller (and earlier - 1958) Taylor
ring at Saxthorpe, Norfolk (6: 24 1/2", 2-3-10 in E) are to me equally
pleasant sounding. But I know some people dislike them.

The six at Clifton, York (Taylor's 1978 and 1937) are 3-1-23 in Eb, and very
nice.