[Bell Historians] Re: serious research?

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Mar 31 11:58:08 BST 2004

> I was talking to the curator at Warminster museum and he told me that thea
> former archivist at Chichester Cathedral was a very awkward person to deal
> with. Maybe the author was denied access to material and gave up.

Even what's in archives regarding bells is often drivel - really authors ofsuch books need to ask someone who knows about bells, unless there is a good recent published survey of them. Trouble is, most non-bell speclialists wouldn't know a good survey from a bad one.

David
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime