William Wooding Starmer

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Wed Mar 31 23:09:38 BST 2004

 The six at St Andrew
> Undershaft, hung dead in my time, do not now even have a chiming
frame and
> will probably remain silent for ever and this in the church where
Stedman
> was buried.

Remembering the distress caused in surrounding villages when it was
thought that Diana, Princess of Wales, might be buried in the Spencer
Chapel at Great Brington, and the subsequent burial at Althorpe, the
clergy of this diocese sought to discourage visitors with the
proclamation 'She is not here.' I tend to agree with them and I am
sure that she is in a much better place than any of us has
experienced. I think the same could be said of Stedman - so it won't
bother him either!