[Bell Historians] Rolling pin sliders

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Tue May 4 14:24:26 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <david at b...>
wrote:

> > Sliding blocks by Taylors can be found on all six bells at
Darrington 1895/6
> > and at South Kirkby where the bells are hung in a girder frame
with no
> > substructure and the sliding blocks are mounted off the floor.
The noise
> > when they operate is pretty loud in the ringing room.
>
> That's quite late - I thought they'd gone over entirely to Hastings
by then. Do you have a more precise date for the work? Do you have
more details of the installation, by the way - I only know that they
had fishtail clappers :-)

Padiham, Lancs, Taylors 1901/02 are in a Taylor cast iron low
sided frame, on timber stocks, and have conventional stays and
sliders.
Alan