Albrighton

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Fri May 7 11:25:23 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <david at b...>
wrote:
> I've now had time to check the web for things mentioned earlier.
The Barwell drawing of the Albrighton frame is at
http://www.albrighton.com/albrightontwobellsfund.htm. Interestiigly,
it appears to have been designed with two empty pits for a 'top and
tail' augmentation.

> Didn't Groves work for Barwell before setting up on his own? His
headstocks are certainly very similar if not identical to Barwell
ones. We have a Groves headstock on our dumb bell.

> The picture of the old treble (now Menangle 5th) with its headstock
is on a Lichfield Diocesan news page, I think, but I can't find it at
the moment.

> David
I'll ask Andy Gordon this evening (provided he remembers we're
coming!) when he lets us in for a quarter at Ryton. He was the
leading light in the recent augmentation at Albrighton.