[Bell Historians] Corbridge

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Tue May 11 14:30:23 BST 2004

RWMC did an inspection there c1970. I was told that when the back 5 were rung, the movement was acceptable, but when the treble was rung the amount became excessive. My mother's family all come from near Corbridge, some still living there, and no-one can remember the bells being "rung properly".

DLC
----- Original Message -----
From: khsbelring at a...
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Corbridge

Corbridge bells are right at the top of the Saxon tower and I feel that an
independant frame from ground level is unlikely to be entertained. Ideally the
bells need to come down much lower. They were last rung ( as far as I am aware
) in 1973 when we had the Taylor wobble-ometer m/c to check the movement.
Howard E. J. Smith.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor