Kettering

bellmaster andrew_higson at t...
Tue May 18 14:13:49 BST 2004

Things are seldom what they seem............ Coleorton have bought the 8th to replace their 7th and have it in their possession.

Andrew

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Offen
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 2:08 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Kettering

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <david at b...>
wrote:
> I found these two web pages regarding the replacement of the bells
at Kettering. It would appear from the headstocks that all of the
bells have Taylor fittings (of 1980?). Somebody said on this list a
while ago that the back 8 were on timber stocks.

> Rather surprisingly, it would appear from the church website that
the church doesn't actually know what is happening to some of the old
bells.

"Of the existing bells, numbers three to eight will be transferred to
the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary at
Attleborough, Norfolk, and the eleventh (cast in Kettering in 1722 by
Thomas Eayres) will be retained in the tower. The remaining bells
will be melted down and used in the casting of the new ring of
thirteen." (SS Peter & Paul Kettering website)

Looks to me as if they know exactly where the old bells are going!
It's the on-line newspaper that is rather vague on the matter.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor