Stays and Sliders again

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Sat May 22 11:57:11 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Simon Bond" <yahoo at s...>
wrote:
> Since the picture is probably available to many, what variety of
stays are featured on the front of the Ringing World this week at the
Cold Ashby installation?

> Simon Bond
>
> simonbond at f...
> http://www.multibellropes.freeserve.co.uk

Straight ones on the front cover and curved ones on the picture
showing the old installation - which looks typical of ALFRED (not
Arthur as stated in the article) Bowell's work. I don't think
Barwells ever used Bowell's unique design of RSJ headstock ...unless
someone knows different!