[Bell Historians] Re: Canon-retaining headstocks

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Sun May 23 18:18:09 BST 2004

DB: I don't count the
> Crediton headstock as a proper canon retainer, as it is basically a copy of
> a timber one, and would have had canon straps.

[So what? It is surely a canon-retaining iron stock so far as I am
concerned, just as are the "arched" type used by Taylors in the 1920s before
they introduced the types which surround the canons. I say 'types' because
Taylors' current design had a predecessor (cf. Tideswell). CD]