[Bell Historians] Re: Lichfield Cathedral

Arcubus markregan at a...
Tue May 25 00:03:27 BST 2004

Thanks Andrew - I've had some decent burgundy tonight after the
Worcester Cathedral ringer's agm at the cricket club.

I think that ringing isn't physical enough. Too many light rings.

What would Bill Pye have made of it all? He'd have thought the post war
bells at Bow to be far too easy. The late Bert Audsley told me that Bill
Pye almost fell off the tenor box at the end of the long peal of
Cambridge at Bow in 1925. 53 cwt, plain bearings, crazy headstock,
unbutressed tall tower, and 5 and a half hours turning in the tenor. Bow
are easy now.

Mark

Mark Regan
Arcubus