Surfleelt

mikechester mike at m...
Thu Nov 25 18:44:03 GMT 2004

> > To be honest, I would expect the bells to hang vertically downwards
> > as normal even though the tower leans. I'm glad that someone has
> > checked, though.

It is, actually, not quite as simple as that. Think about it - if there was
a frame put in noticeably on a slope the bells would indeed still hang
vertically downward, but the length of swing possible from this position to
the end stops on the slider/ hastings mechanism in each direction would be
different. This would make the bell deeper set one way than the other - just
a bit!

Mike