[Bell Historians] New poll for bellhistorians

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Sep 1 13:23:17 BST 2004

Ron:

"the only polls that matter are taken scientifically"

Perhaps you could explain your sampling criteria then? I have yet to
encounter anyone seriously interested in and knowledgeable about
bells who thinks a) that giving credence to uninformed local opinion
is sensible and b) that your method of describing rings fo 12 with a
flat 6th & extra treble is either logical or sensible. The general
opinion seems to be that the policy is entirely decided by the
compilers, not any "scientific" opinion gathering method.

If I'm wrong, I would of course be happy to hear how decisions are in
fact arrived at.