[Bell Historians] New poll for bellhistorians

David Bryant david at b...
Thu Sep 2 09:22:22 BST 2004

> On the number of bells in a tower, we have discussed this at length
> several times, on the basis of what has been said to us (we DO listen, but
> very rarely is what we hear anything like unanimous), and then come to
> decisions, which we make clear.

Who exactly supported the present system of describing rings with flat 6th / extra treble? I have spoken to people who were asked, and all said the same as I did, yet all were ignored. Was this really a consultation, or just a PR issue where people were asked for their opinions and then the compilers just did what they were going to do anyway despite what others thought.

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/