[Bell Historians] New poll

Anne Willis zen16073 at z...
Thu Sep 2 15:24:57 BST 2004

No, I think it was Frome. I remember George Massey telling me the
same story. Frome tenor has subsequently been weighed during a
restoration (although I don't think it was a full rehang and retune),
and came out remarkably close to the spurious weight!

David

The work was done by Andrew Nicholson, who will probably have all the
details.

Another tenor that dramatically lost weight when rehung (by Taylors) was
Keevil, down to 16-1-6 from 21-0-0.

Our tenor at HT, Bradford on Avon was said to weigh about 33cwt, because
Thomas Blackbourne always weighed bells with the clapper in.

Anne Willis