[Bell Historians] G & J

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Tue Sep 7 14:41:03 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Beacham"
<david1.beacham at v...> wrote:
> MessageIIRC the G&J eight at Egham were augmented to ten by the
addition of two Whitechapel-cast "G&J" bells and hung by G&J some
time in the late '60s/early '70s. Am I right?

> DB

Absolutely right!

I think it was late 1970 whe the two treble for Egham were hung.
Certainly at that time, G & J Clocks retained a full time bell hanger
(probably did clock work when not bell hanging!), who's name I can't
remember.

G & J also refurbished the bells at Wrotham in the 70s, retaining the
superbly engineered plain bearings, of which I have waxed lyrical on
this list before!

Richard