[Bell Historians] Help needed

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Thu Sep 16 18:26:29 BST 2004

>From: matthewhigby at a...
>To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Help needed
>Date: Sat, Sep 11, 2004, 11:05 pm

> bill at h... writes:
>
> The founder and date of the tenor at Walton, Somerset?
> 1637 - by one of the Purdue's I think. Sorry - I can't remember!
>
> Matthew

[The founder was not one of the Purdues but Robert Austen I. The 4th is a
Thomas Purdue and treble a 16th c. bell from the Closworth stable, however.

Always (well, usually!) glad to give help but it is kind of nice to know the
purpose, tho' in this case I think I can guess it.

Answers to recent questions about Pitstone, Bucks. are all on record at The
Churches Conservation Trust. Some of the minor repairs were carried out by
a local farmer/engineer/conservator called Jeff Hawkins, sadly no longer
with us. C D ]