[Bell Historians] Button Tops.

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Sep 21 13:18:15 BST 2004

"Can anyone supply me with a list of founders who are known to have cast bells with button tops??

I have recently purchased 4 bells with button tops via ebay - but they have no markings at all. They came from the glasgow area I believe."

They were a Grimthorpe invention of (I think) 1857, so that dates your bells to after then. Warner's, Whitehchapel, Taylor's and G&J certainly used them at various times - not sure about the smaller founders.

This doesn't really answer the question I know, but hopefully it will narrow down the dates a bit!

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/