[Bell Historians] Button Tops.

Richard Offen richard at s...
Wed Sep 22 10:31:24 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Higson, Bellmaster"
<andrew_higson at t...> wrote:
> How very personal!
>
> I have seen button top bells by JT, M&S and L&J, but I don't know
for sure the configuration of the wires.The M&S ones I've seen don't
have top wires. JT ones have their standard arrangement of
2,2,inscription band,2,3,2. The L&J one we have in the museum is a
very odd squat and angular shape.

> If they came from Glasgow, they could be by Wilson...
>
> Andrew

The M & S ones were probably buoy bells: sand castings from a pattern
that had some of the wires removed to make extracting it from the
mold easier.