Plain Bearings

Richard Offen richard at s...
Thu Sep 23 10:21:43 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "George Dawson" <George at d...>
wrote:

> > Not sure what I shall use when my current supply of old carpet
runs out.
> Any
> > suggestions?
>
> Come round to my garage!!
> GAD

Alternatively, orthopaedic felt works quite well - the type used to
line finger splints etc. A local pharmacy should be able to get it
for you.

This isn't a very 'historical' subject is it! Let's make it so: how
many customs for the use of old bell bearing grease can we come up
with?

I'll set the ball rolling: At Bapchild in Kent, "bell coom", as it
was known, was much sort after as an infallible cure for ringworm.

Any others?