[Bell Historians] Waresley, Huntingdonshire

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at s...
Mon Sep 27 21:38:29 BST 2004

At 10:13 +0200 2004/09/27, David Bryant wrote:
>"Does anyone have the accurate weights for the 1857 Taylor three at
>Waresley. I have been provided with 11-1-0, 10-1-0 and 8-0-0 by the
>Hunts. Bell Restoration Group but on-line Dove quotes 9-3-3 for the
>tenor."
>
>Always treat anything which ends in 0 or a multiple of seven with suspicion!

But the terminal 0 is likely to be precisely correct one time out of
24 (assuming that exact weights are randomly distributed), so
absolute distrust would be unwarranted.

What's suspicious about a multiple of seven?

CSZ