[Bell Historians] Waresley, Huntingdonshire

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at s...
Tue Sep 28 05:35:43 BST 2004

Oops! That's a mistake I should not have made, especially after the
work I put into the online conversion calculator.

But I think that only multiples of *both* seven and four "indicate
quarters of a hundredweight". Perhaps other multiples of 7 suggest
measurement to the nearest half stone? Or was such a measure ever
actually used?

Carl

_____