Re (3): [Bell Historians] Bootle (Everton) and Fenham

David Bryant david at b...
Thu Sep 30 15:16:58 BST 2004

> "Accurate" weights are usually recorded to the nearest lb, so why not
> record pitch to the nearest semitone? That's the "obvious" thing to
> do, surely..?

Quite. If you want to be more precise then you could put A-40, B+24, or whatever it was. You could also include the frequency. I think this is perfectly clear provided you use itnernational standard pitch, then everyone knows what you mean. Bell notes are not usually accompanied by the pitch standard used, so if you use various standards at one it just creates a mess!

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/