Trowbridge,Wiltshire

philholtsdgr pippolucas23 at ...
Thu Apr 7 23:28:41 BST 2005

Having learnt to ring there I can give some further details.
Original 8 bells by James Wells 1800
Old tenor of 8 recast by William Blews 1870
3,4 & tenor of 8 recast by Llewellins & James 1912
Augmented by Llewellins & James 1923 as War memorial.
The bells are hung on 2 tiers, 1 to 5, 7 & 9 on top tier, remainder
below. There is also a service bell by James Wells of Aldbourne 1800,
on the lower tier, and a clock on a platform above the bells.
As I may have mentioned before, the treble is probably the only bells
donated by the Salvation Army to an Anglican church.
Phil Lucas