[Bell Historians] Re: Trowbridge,Wiltshire

Anne Willis zen16073 at ...
Fri Apr 8 11:05:25 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: philholtsdgr [mailto:pippolucas23 at ...]
Sent: 07 April 2005 23:29
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Trowbridge,Wiltshire

Having learnt to ring there I can give some further details.
Original 8 bells by James Wells 1800
Old tenor of 8 recast by William Blews 1870
3,4 & tenor of 8 recast by Llewellins & James 1912
Augmented by Llewellins & James 1923 as War memorial.
The bells are hung on 2 tiers, 1 to 5, 7 & 9 on top tier, remainder
below. There is also a service bell by James Wells of Aldbourne 1800,
on the lower tier, and a clock on a platform above the bells.
As I may have mentioned before, the treble is probably the only bells
donated by the Salvation Army to an Anglican church.
Phil Lucas

You forgot the bell (?the second) donated by Ushers brewery.

Anne

Yahoo! Groups Links