[Bell Historians] Dorset

Richard Offen richard at ...
Fri Apr 8 15:08:02 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dave at d...> wrote:
> Mine duly to hand, and if ever one needed proof that all the best
things are worth waiting for, then this book is it. A truly magnificent
achievement. Remaining gazeteer, sections on founders, frames,
fittings, rings tabulated, lost bells and all sorts of excellent
things, the marvellous photographs. A difficult act to follow and it
promises to be a thoroughly read, like the rest. Thanks, Christopher.

> DAVID CAWLEY

I'm still looking forward to receiving my copy, but if it is as good as
the last two volumes, it will be superb.

Please Christopher, could you let us all into the secret of how you
take those marvellous photographs of bells in such cramped and
difficult conditions. For me the photography is one of the biggest
highlights of the books.

Richard