[Bell Historians] Dorset Part III

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at ...
Sun Apr 10 15:48:38 BST 2005

> I'm still looking forward to receiving my copy

They are going out direct from the printers, using labels which I send them.
Can't remember if yours (Richard Offen) was in the first batch. Second
batch of labels going out this week.

> Please Christopher, could you let us all into the secret of how you
> take those marvellous photographs of bells in such cramped and
> difficult conditions. For me the photography is one of the biggest
> highlights of the books.

Thank you, kind sir. The requirements are
1. A half decent camera
2. A moderately wide angle lens (35 mm, rather than 28 mm, on a 35mm
camera)
3. A tripod and, usually, a time exposure
4. Careful lighting (floodlight, or two or more flashes, at an angle).
NEVER use a flash mounted actually on the camera because it kills the
shadows.

C D