[Bell Historians] Waddesdon steel bells

Mike Chester mike at ...
Tue Apr 19 13:42:53 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bowden"
> Excellent. This now makes me wonder how accurate the weight of 11-3-
23
> is for Thornborough. I seem to recall seeing an alternative weight of
> 11-0-8 for Thornborough, but I can't remember where.

I think that is it quite unlikely that the weight before and after the
rehanging would be the same. I don't know if it was weighed, but I
should have thought that this would be likely. There was an article in
The RW about the rehanging, I wonder if it was quoted here?

> As an aside, are there other known tenor weights out there which are
> still shown as approximate in Dove that should be amended?
> Nick

I bet there are! On the other hand, IIRC, the canons were knocked off
the 8 at Rugby, bells remaining in the tower, a decade or so ago and
therefore the tenor weight should be approximate and not exact!