[Bell Historians] Re: Northern Ireland chimes, some updates

John Paul Adams J.Adams at ...
Wed Aug 24 17:03:10 BST 2005

>> Pennyburn - Alan Buswell is at home, and he's kindly provided details. This
>> isn't (after all) an addition to the heavy bells list. It was cast by
>> Gillett & Johnston in 1949 and weighs 14-3-22 (though before tuning it
>> was 18-2-3)
>>
>> Hope this satisfies curiosity!

Kind of! I wonder what is the big bell the local at St Columb's can hear.
He has lived in the City since the War. He must be getting mixed up with
either the Guildhall chime or St Eugene's. Oh well, too far to go back and
ask.

Cheers,
John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section, Cruciform Building
University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT.