[Bell Historians] Bathurst, NSW

Mike Chester mike at ...
Fri Dec 2 10:30:35 GMT 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Chris Pickford"
<c.j.pickford.t21 at b...> wrote:

> Others may be more up to speed than me, but the old Warner six
were retuned and provided with new fittings (having been grounded
for some time) about 20 years ago. But (it's a complicated story)
there's been nowehere to hang them. I believe that the project is at
last moving forward, with a new tenor to replace the old one and
possibly two trebles too.

Chris is basically correct - the old tenor is to become a tolling
bell. The plan is to have them ringing next year.

Details can be found at

http://www.cathedralbellsofbathurst.websyte.com.au/

> On a similar subject - things "lost" - anyone know what's happened
to the Felstead database. It's been "down" for several days now

Don Morrison hosts this site and is in the middle of moving house,
he now is to live in Pittsburgh, IIRC. Plans were put into place to
reboot his computer in his previous home should it "fall over". His
ISP changed something important that means his carefully laid plans
no longer work! It will be up fairly soon and will be hosted on an
ISP in the near future and not on the computer under Don's desk!

Mike