[Bell Historians] Digest Number 1259

John H Allen john at ...
Fri Dec 16 13:30:40 GMT 2005

Andrew,

I have all my ringing diaries back to 1956! The first RW Diary was 1988!

I guess that the original text etc. was set in metal type and also used
etched plates. We have moved on since then and I am sure that computer
typesetting and scanning would not be that expensive, particularly as
printers will now accept camera ready copy or even a file on Word or
Publisher etc.

The time to start on 2007 is now and not next summer.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]

Sent: 16 December 2005 13:09
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Digest Number 1259

There are 3 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Re: RW Diary
From: "Andrew Wilby" <andrew at ...>
2. From the E-lists 16 December 2005
From: camp at ...
3. Re: From the E-lists 16 December 2005
From: camp at ...

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:56:11 -0000
From: "Andrew Wilby" <andrew at ...>
Subject: Re: Re: RW Diary

DrL > The compilation of such lists in the diary is not the responsibility
of the
> RW Editor. It always used to be Andrew Stubbs (as Chairman), so I guess it
> is down to one of his successors on the RW Board.>

I aquired the Diary for RW from Bill Viggars in 1970??? something. ANS took

over responsibility for its production as he had no other specific
responsibility on the Board at that time. When he became Chairman he held on

to it.

Change has had to be gradual as the cost of re type-setting any of the pages

was quite expensive and could soon do damage to the annual economics.
Re-setting might be cheaper nowadays?

With a distribution of 6-7000 per annum it is the best selling of any
ringing product by a long way so it must be dong something right!

Andrew

Message: 2