[Bell Historians] Lost ring: Eyke church

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at ...
Mon Dec 26 20:42:15 GMT 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Chris Pickford"
<c.j.pickford.t21 at b...> wrote:

> Visited out of curiosity - GWP thought I'd like to see the frame -
and I didn't do any sort of report. They're not immediately ringable -
old fittings in a fairly poor state, as I recall. There isn't much
light in the belfry and I only made sketchy notes

> CJP

The 2nd is definitely cracked and almost tuneless. The tenor would
hardly move when swung and only did so with an awful grinding noise.
It also wouldnt sound no matter how much I checked it. The treble
seemes OK and swung freely.