[Bell Historians] Re: Emscote

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Sun Feb 6 23:36:25 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

Most interesting, and apologies -I stand corrected on the location.

As to the rest of the affair, I expect there is a degree of truth in whiche=
ver version of the final events one hears / accepts. However, my descriptio=
n of the frame (or is it frames?) may be accepted; and from what the image =
tells us, most of the spire had gone before the final events.

DLC

----- Original Message -----=20
From: CHRIS PICKFORD=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 2:23 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Emscote

Sorry David, Mike and I aren't ganging up on you, but the photograph on t=
he cover of the book you mention - entitled The Lost Architectural Landscap=
es of Warwickshire. Volume 1 - The South. - actually shows St.James, Stratf=
ord upon Avon, and not Emscote. This church (also by James Murray - 1850s, =
but with a later tower and spire not unlike Emscote) was demolished in 1968=
. There was one Mears bell of the 1850s
=20=20=20
CP
=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20