[Bell Historians] Re: Complete Taylor rings

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at y...
Wed Feb 16 13:12:57 GMT 2005

Middlewich are not a complete Taylor ring: they were augmented from six in 1897. The treble and fourth of the old six were recast, and a treble and tenor added.

Andrew Bull

combineharvestersam <combineharvestersam at y...> wrote:

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
wrote:
> >It looks like Sam's right. "Notes on Furness Branch Bells" lists
them as
> >back four 1900, trebles 1949:
>
> Thanks. Keep any amendments coming - I will collate them and
forward them to
> Andrew Higson.
>
> David

I may be wrong so it'd be worth checking them

Ommissions

Great Salkeld, Cumbr
Leyland, Mosside - 1914
Middlewich, Cheshire - 1920?
Oswaldtwistle - 1930?

And aren't Newport G and J with Taylor trebles?

Aye

Sam