[Bell Historians] Bells in Redundant Churches

John Ketteringham john.ketteringham27 at n...
Mon Jan 17 16:28:52 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

School bells are likely to be too small for ringing augmentations, and most=
=20
are going to be Victorian and of little historical interest. That said, if=
=20
they would otherwise be scrapped it seems sensible to try to secure them fo=
r=20
use as sanctus or service bells.

David

As I said earlier many school bells were Sanctus bells and I made a point i=
n LBBF of including them wherever possible - a bell is a bell so far as I a=
m concerned and any r3edundant bell should be exsamined careful. Have a lo=
ok at the following school bells in LBBF David : Barrowby, Binbrook, Kirkby=
la thorpe, Kirkby on Bain, Owston Fwerry, Riseholme, Scothern, Swineshead =
and Wainfleet. The Wainfleet bell is 15C!

We are supposed to be Historians on this list!=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20