[Bell Historians] G & J 3's

John Paul Adams J.Adams at u...
Thu Jan 20 14:26:20 GMT 2005

Nigel T:

>> There is a 1927 G & J 2 (9 cwts. in "A")at the Norwegian church,
>> Rotherhithe. They have no stays and sliders, but have cast-iron
>> headstocks and traditional wheels. When I rang there in 1980, they
>> were in very good order.

..... but not any longer. They have been "rehung" for electrical swing
chiming since then, but not sure by whom. They are a good sounding two, and
the bells have huge amounts of inscriptions, all in Norwegian.

I can heartily recommend a visit to church, contemporary with the bells,
and with a small cafe selling yummy Norwegian chocolate and waffles.

John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section, Cruciform Building
University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT.