[Bell Historians] Dorchester and dedications

David Bryant davidbryant at h...
Sun Jan 30 23:52:03 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

See for example, peal records for Dorchester on www.peals.co.uk=20
where a seemingly sensible policy of abbreviating a dedication with=20
lots of saints to just the first has an unfortunate result. I will=20
give St Peter precedence over the Holy Trinity next time I update=20
the site, theologically suspect though it might be!

It is my understanding that even when parishes are united, the church retai=
ns its existing dedication and although the dedication of the other church =
may be appended this has no legal status. Is this correct?

David

=20
Yahoo! Groups Links

=20