[Bell Historians] TESCO

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at ...
Thu Jul 7 20:57:43 BST 2005

I'm not predjudiced at all. I just find all E&S rings very difficult
to ring and strike for all sorts of fairly obvious reasons. I could
never understand why E&S decided to re-invent the wheel. Why change
the way bells have been hung using centuries of experience which
produced some 1st class rings of bells which sound good and go
superbly? It has always seemed to me that E&S do not design the
hangings and hang bells as other hangers do.

Surely you must now be aware of the differences between Taylors
hangings and fittings. We are interested to see which side 'wins'.

I am quite happy to hear from someone who has rung on some superb
E&S rings. It is all down to personal taste.

David

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Marshall"