Abbey House, London NW1 and Inverness Railway Station

John Paul Adams J.Adams at ...
Tue Jul 26 19:31:59 BST 2005

I have added two Albums to the Photos section at Yahoo. It might
be a good time to have a clean out, David, we're up to 95%
usage I see!

The first album, Abbey House, contains some photos I took a few
Fridays ago of Abbey House, Baker Street, London NW1. Formerly the
HQ of Abbey National Building Society (now moved to Euston Road),
it is being partly demolished.

It used to contain a chime of 8 bells, G&J 1931/32, tenor 7-3-4.
Does anyone know if the chime is still there? I am not sure now is
the best time to go and ask if you can get up the tower, unless
you have a head for heights!

The second folder is of a bell at Inverness railway station taken
this Monday just before my camera batteries ran out. It is inscribed:

"Wilson & Christie

Bellfounders

Glasgow

1858"

Any information?

Cheers,
John

PS, saw the bell at Darlington station as I passed through, it is a lot
larger than I had imagined!

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section, Cruciform Building
University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT.