[Bell Historians] Re: Old rings of 12

David Bryant davidbryant at ...
Wed Jun 1 13:16:19 BST 2005

>According to the Rings of 12 Website, you were fourteenth.

I think it is interesting to consider what bells of these early rings
survive:

>1. York, N Yorks, Cathedral of St Peter 1681

Ftont five survive as back five of ring of six at Spurriergate Centre, York.

>2. London, EC, St Bride, Fleet Street 1719

Destoryed in WWII.

>3. Cirencester, Gloucs, St John Baptist 1722

A number of the bells survive, including the trebles.

>4. Westminster, London WC, St Martin-in-the-Fields 1726

Now in Perth.

>5. London, EC, St Michael, Cornhill 1728

Some bells survive.

>6. Southwark, London SE, Cathedral of St Saviour 1735

Some bells survive.

>7. Cambridge, Cambs, Great St Mary 1770

Some Bells survive.

>8. Birmingham, W Midlands, St Martin 1772

Recast several times since.

>9. Norwich, Norfolk, St Peter Mancroft 1775

Front 11 survive.

>10. London, EC, St Giles, Cripplegate 1792

Destoryed in WWII

>11. Shrewsbury, Shrops, St Chad 1798

Recast 1914

>12. Spitalfields, London E, Christ Church 1801

Destroyed by fire 1844.

>13. Shoreditch, London E, St Leonard 1807

Recast.