[Bell Historians] Bar Headstocks

David Bryant davidbryant at ...
Fri Jun 3 12:41:19 BST 2005

>Do we have a contender for the heaviest bell hung for full circle ringing
>on a bar headstock? I'll start with the treble of 10 at Huddersfield.

Hasn't that been rehung on a cast iron stock by Fred Pembleton?

I can think of a few heavier ones. Some of the front bells at St Patrick's,
Dublin, have bar stocks - not sure how far round these go but no doubt
somebody will know. The two trebles of ten at Selby used to have them, but
they were replaced when the bells were augmented.