[Bell Historians] All Saints, Newcastle

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at ...
Sat Jun 4 09:05:05 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<davidbryant at h...> wrote:
> A new concrete floor was put in when the church was rebuilt, for
which J Taylor & Co provided a bell 31" diameter in C; hung dead in a
steel frame for manual chiming, "designed as one of the bells of a
future rinigng peal". That didn't happen either and the church was
eventually closed.

> [Was the church actually damaged much by the fire? I seem to recall
seeing photos of the inside still with much original work - was it
just the tower which was gutted?]

> David

I would guess it was just the tower as the church inside seems pretty
much original.