[Bell Historians] St Bride's

John Paul Adams J.Adams at ...
Fri Jun 17 10:59:48 BST 2005

Ben K:

>> >St Bride's, Fleet Street...
>>
>> Probably not the right mailing list for this, but isn't it about time this
>> historic location in the history of the exercise had a decent number of
>> proper bells in it once more?

It would mean the loss of one of London's most ringable one bell tower. We
included it on an Islington outing a few years back. We were able to get
all of the band around the bell and show them how a bell works. As they
only usually ring at Islington (St James), they had never seen the mechanics
of how a bell turns full circle.

John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section, Cruciform Building
University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT.