Chiming Machine in Leek

Mike Chester mike at ...
Wed Jun 29 21:53:22 BST 2005

I have had the following communication.

I am embarking on the restoration of an 1874 Gillett and Bland chiming
machine in our local church. Before I commence with any engineering
works, I wish to learn as much as possible about the machine. Can you
help me with addresses of the sucessors of the Gillett and Bland
company and any other persons who may be able to help.
Kind Regards
Roy Evett

The first bit is easy! However, who would be the best person(s) to
offer advice about actually restoring the chiming machine?

Thanks

Mike