[Bell Historians] Hatley St George Cambridgeshire

steeplekeeper history at o...
Thu Mar 17 19:00:39 GMT 2005

Both of Hatley St George Bells are still in the tower have have been
lowered onto the frame some years ago as there were concerns about
the safety of the frame/bearings etc.

Insciptions:
Treble: 1682 Tobie Norris Gift of Sir Robert Cotton
Second: 1662 Tobie Norris Gift of Sir Thomas Cotton

East Hatley was last used for worship in 1959 and declared redundant
in 1980 when I believe the bell was removed to Hatley St George for
safe keeping. The church is now a nature reverse under the care of
the local district council.

Andrew

- - - - -
Andrew Stevens
27, Over Road, Swavesey, Cambridgeshire. CB4 5QL