[Bell Historians] Bells & World War two.

David Bryant davidbryant at h...
Mon Mar 21 15:59:51 GMT 2005

>Of course the Guild can ask for them to be returned ... but the Corporation
>doesn't have to listen to them. But the fact that the Guild doesn't have
>any
>legal jurisdiction doesn't mean their lobbying would be without teeth.

In this case, it's probably entirely academic anyway. The bells are no doubt
long scrapped, and I can't see the corporation paying for a new ring of
bells in a ruined church whatever the circumstances.